WHY SIDEMOUNT ?
Why enrolling a sidemount course?
Independent tanks, stability, trim, access to valves and the possibility to fix your gear yourself during a dive are just a few of the reasons you can find to enroll in this course.
But, sidemount is much more than that.
Diving sidemount is about freedom. Gliding gracefully underwater, almost feeling you are naked, leaving gravity behind in a perfect synchrony of movements.
WHAT I WILL LEARN?
- Proficiently assemble and use of sidemount equipment.
- Dive planning and gas management.
- Water entries.
- Breathing and propulsion techniques.
- Buoyancy control and trim.
- Valve and tank management.
- Gas switching.
- Emergency procedures and problem solving (sharing air, mask failure, gear failure, free flows, leakings).
- SMB deployment.
DURATION: minimum of 2 days
Open Water Diver or equivalent
10 logged dives or sufficient experience to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training
Minimum age: 15
SIDEMOUNT TUNE UP
WHY A TUNE UP?
Proper adjustment of the harness is key to sidemount diving.
It takes a few dives to get comfortable with any new rig or configuration, and a few more to nail it.
Sidemount is an evolving, living technique and having the help of a certified sidemount instructor will make you quickly improve your performance.
DURATION: minimum of 1 day